Squid and Rocket

Image Attribution: “Squid and Rocket” by Alysha Fehr is licensed under CC BY-NC. (See interactive map)

← Previous post

Next post →

1 Comment

1. Alysha’s form around the entire page to keep myself interested with multiple images and showcasing the entire form. The shapeshifting between the items shown, with the ideas of the rocket ship turning into the squid. The entire sheet of artwork brings attention to detail and has a creative aspect as movement with both the rocket and the squid. There always can be improvement with the mark-making and turning it into a more of a hatching style towards the engine moving around space. Also with the darker undertones surrounding the page as well.
    A lot of marks have been moved to create a sense of movement, and brings out the idea with transformation providing with a sense of creativity. I would say to try and bring more highlights to all 4 of the objects provided, as to almost make the image pop out. The proportions have a sense of balance and bring out the creative values of how one object can transform into another. Other than what was talked about before with the merging of the darker colours to making mark making, I believe that this piece really has a great sense of transformation and I enjoy the creative value of Alysha’s work!!