Exquisite corpse Fall 2023

Image Attribution: “Exquisite corpse Fall 2023” by Ethan Renfrew is licensed under CC0. (See interactive map)

Final Product

← Previous post

Next post →

1 Comment

1. Through chance and randomness, Ethan Renfrew describes a take on American politics. We see a representation of George Washington(?), cheese and a feather quill. Perhaps this is a way to speak on the legitimacy of American politics. Renfrew draws our attention to the presidential power during the origins of American politics.

Renfrew renders this in an optical mix containing a very contained colour palette from item to item. The artist stays true to the original colour palette for the quill and cheese, but we bounce to this high saturation variation of rock. I think I would’ve liked to have seen a different colour average for the quill, such as red, since we received a blue rock formation, instead of grey. Overall the marks represent the objects involved, straight lines for solid rock face, circular motion for the cheese, outwards motion for the feather. I enjoy the tonal match of the quill’s handle to the rock formation as well. Ethan Renfrew brings a playful approach to political subject matter regarding America’s truth.